Geometric tattoos have been the talk of the tattoo world for quite sometime now. With more and more people opting for geometric tattoos, this style has now spread across global tattooing cultures, and is giving shape to several new styles of tattooing. As many artists point out, the biggest positive of geometric tattoos are that they can be pulled off on any skin colour, without losing contrast, and it tests the very basics and backbone of tattooing – LINES.
In India, quite a few artists have been amassing accolades from around the world for their splendid geometric work. Believe it or not, but such is the respect for them that people travel from different corners of the world to get inked by them. If you have already experienced the magic of dots and lines on your skin, you will love the following collection, and if this is your first time, get ready for MIND = BLOWN.
1. Serenity and individuality explained with masterful lines and dots by Yogesh C. Waghmare of Leo Tattoos
2. Abhinandan Basu is India’s dot work specialist, and this is exactly why.
3. Gaurave Sarwara is one of the brightest young tattooers of this country, and his geometric compositions are spectacular.
4. An engineer turned tattoo artist, Vivek Dauze is among the most technically solid artists in India.
5. Pinku Bijoy Ghosh is revered in the fraternity as one artist whose healed pieces rarely leave room for complaints. This is a fine example.
6. Sunny Bhanushali‘s mix of geometry and realism create a very pleasing imagery.
7. The hard outlines complement the smooth dot work in this tattoo by Dipjyoti Paul
8. Aadesh G. focuses on minimal geometric and watercolour tattoos. And by minimal, we don’t mean size.
9. Another fabulous start to a sleeve by Yogesh C. Waghmare
10. This tattoo by Shyamli Panda certainly opens up the dimensions.
11. Abhinandan Basu works with dots, lines and elements bengali folk culture, and calls it the ‘Bongo Style’.
12. Super clean lines by Kevin Andrade in this mandala.
13. Another fantastic example of Pinku’s tattooing strength and skills
14. Gaurave Sarwara’s mix of colour and black & grey in line work looks classy.
15. Lizard’s Skin Tattoo Studios in Kolkata is breeding few highly talented young artists, and Raghu Atrix is one of them.
16. By Amar, of Devilz Tattooz
17. A very popular motif among millennials these days. Tattoo done by Kshitij Gurav.
18. Another blissful piece by Yogesh to end the list…
19. And one more, by one of the most efficient artists of the industry; Chirag Jhala